Connor Green here. Owner of Parkside CrossFit with your daily dose of...things you need to know!! (You can learn more about me here.)
If I had a dollar for every time someone told me they needed to start going to the gym before they go to CrossFit… I’d have way more than a few dollars.
Firstly, that’s not true.
You don’t need to be in shape before you start CrossFit.
Come exactly as you are.
Now, I totally believe that many people that believe you have to be in shape to start have probably had a bad experience at a CrossFit gym before.
Picture it: you are just starting. You go and try a class. No one knows a thing about your background.
So the “coach” pushes you throughout the workout. You barely make it - but maybe it felt good to work that hard.
But then… the next day.
You’re so sore you can barely move, and it doesn’t really get better for well over a week.
So you don’t go back - it’s “too intense”.
At Parkside CrossFit, we do EXACTLY the opposite.
Your journey looks like this:
- You start with a “Free Intro” where we sit down and chat about your goals, injury history, and how to best coach you and get you to your desired health/fitness. You're not just tossed into a high intensity workout with no context!
- Then, you’d do our “Fundamentals Program” - which is a series of one-ones centered on technique with very approachable workouts. You leave feeling like “I can totally do this.” No puking. No intense soreness.
- Then, you’d continue training 1:1 (it’s the best way to get results) or you’d move into classes. The coach in class everyday would help you do the appropriate workout for you that day.
- We check in on you, check your attendance, track your results, and help guide you to your goal.
Quite frankly, it works 100% of the time.
Don’t get in shape to do CrossFit, do CrossFit to get in shape.
When you’re ready to work together, we have options:
1) Book an appointment with me here. OR
2) Shoot an email to email@example.com
3) Connect with me on instagram @connorgreen3000 or @parksidecrossfit